[all chapters in html] [all chapters in pdf] [lost world forum]
For Claudia George, who said,
"Write a history of everything."
Recovering the Lost World,
A Saturnian Cosmology -- Jno Cook
$Revision: 40.4 $
Contents of this Preface: [About This Book] [Who I Am] [Why This Text Is Presented] [What Others Say] [Speculation, Changes, and Proof]
About This Book
This book presents a cosmology based entirely on the supposition that our coherent worldwide mythology is history rather than creative fiction writing in antiquity.
As a result, this text is about the catastrophes experienced by Earth in remote antiquity and also in more recent times. Some have been unbelievably destructive, which has been recognized recently by archaeologists in their investigation of the event at the start of the Younger Dryas period.
The text will also tell what in remote antiquity suggested to humans the idea of an afterlife, why the gods of more recent times were conceived of as real, and how phenomena experienced thousands of years ago are still reflected today in politics and religions. It will also tell how the length of the year changed repeatedly, and how the axial inclination of the Earth changed.
What will not be suggested are alien intervention, exploding meteors, collisions with other planets. This text is also not about religion or theology. It's about history.
It is a history that mainstream academics will not deal with, in spite of the fact that all the information presented here is readily available, and remains within the scope of physics and accepted chronology. It simply needs to be reconstructed. That is the task I have undertaken.
The first section will assert the thesis that worldwide mythology is history and give the philosophy behind this alternative cosmology. The next section deals with accepted archaeology. The third section deals with the most ancient history -- the oldest records of Mesopotamia and ending with the pyramids of Egypt. After that we are into modern history. The last section starts with the Flood of Noah and ends with the destructions in the 8th and 7th century BC.
This text was written continuously over a ten-year period between 2001 and 2011, although often in short pieces and bursts of inspiration as data was fit to an established chronology. The text is about the size of War and Peace, and it can be read in 40 or 50 hours or in as many evenings, perhaps by reading a chapter per night. The narrative themes are developed one at a time and are presented mostly in historical order.
It is a long book, because the events of the last 10,000 years are complex, and because I needed to set them out one by one against the story of the past as it has been handed down to us. If you are looking, for example, for evidence of the Noachim Flood, you will find the information spread over four chapters, and alternately denied and asserted. The real history of this world is not simple.
Yes, there was a flood. In fact, there were two massive floods, and a third metaphorical flood with a lot of rain. It is this last which is known to us as the Flood of Noah. It was very impressive, involving a dragon or a deadly goddess, blood everywhere, and the resurrection of God.
You can skip some chapters and return to them later. The text is clearly divided between what is based on Mediterranean and related sources, and what is based on Mesoamerican sources. These latter are almost entirely from post-invasion documents, although based on very old codexes which are now lost to us.
The Mesoamerican sources are radically different from the oldest history of Egypt and Mesopotamia and yet they entirely validate the Mediterranean sources. It is almost beyond belief to think that the records of a Stone Age people could completely verify the chronology derived from Mediterranean sources and provide additional details like seasonal calendar dates. It is also hard to believe how the Mesoamerican records apparently start in 40,000 BC as verified by parallel radio-carbon data.
Who I Am
I should mention who I am, and what drove me to write this text.
First, I am a visual artist (sculpture, installations), living in Chicago where I have taught photography for years. But I also have a background in electrical engineering, cinematography, public administration, and programming, and a curiosity dating back a lifetime. More information is available at my website [http://jnocook.net].
Second, I researched and wrote this text mainly because there was a lack of a comprehensive narrative of events among the literature of catastrophism and alternative cosmologies. This is a void I have been attempting to fill over the last decade, initially for my own benefit. The text of the narrative is based on a carefully derived chronology and a celestial mechanics which has remained within accepted boundaries of physics.
Why This Text Is Presented on the Internet
This text is presented on the internet as webpages. The advantage of a web site is that it is completely malleable -- it can be easily changed, added to, corrected, and expanded -- while simultaneously having all of the ideas publicly available. The alternative of publishing this in printed book form would delay the availability, limit distribution to a select few, and allow no updates. Also, by going public, I have been forced to complete the investigation and have been under pressure to make all of it coherent. Amazingly, additional details have kept coming forward as the edits have continued. There is a set of chapters and appendixes available in pdf format also.
What Others Say
A few comments from readers, via infrequent emails.
- "A titanic job. It is mind blowing..." - a suta
- "Absolutely fascinating and a masterpiece; when I came across your site my jaw slowly started dropping." -- r houston
- "I was AMAZED. It is awesome." -- h george
- "Fantastic site ... sweeping in scope." -- EU forum fan
- "... a feeling ... of finally coming home." -- h pluut
- "I am totally amazed and awed." -- m signatur
- "If you are right then everything we know so far about human history is wrong." -- r boerman
- "... reads like one of those can't-put-it-down pageturners." -- j smith
- "The best and most complete i've seen." -- p mitronikas
- "This is BIG stuff you're doing. ...feeling like I'm finally connecting to reality." -- n rothstein
- "I love reading your website. I am actually reading it a second time. I think your chronology is brilliant." -- m harris
- "I am not only enchanted but almost 'enthralled' by all this head-swimming learning...." -- d sessoms
- "... far more interesting than the narrative that the historians or astronomers or geologists or priests tell us." -- k widen
- "I started rereading your book this weekend and I could hardly put it down; your reconstruction makes so much sense." -- d smith
- "Reading your Saturnian stuff ... awesome." -- e boettger
- "I am overwhelmed by the scale and breath of your ideas and writings." -- d levie
- "... absolutely revolutionary." -- c george
- "Very impressive; your site is one of the more accessible rundowns for the layman of Saturnism." -- w radtke
- "Love your site, I've read everything on it that I could." -- j robillard
- "Found it quite profound ... a big part of what I am looking for." -- a flanagan
- "Fantastic. You have pulled together so many things." -- j brookes
- "My appreciation at the sterling work you have done." -- s borruso
- "I admire your extensive and expansive research." -- h postma
- "The scenario you have laid out answers many questions I have had for years and the way you present it is very comprehensible." -- d de santis
- "This is truly an eye opener." -- j dionne
- "For everything you want to know about Saturn and its myth, go to Jno Cook. This guy is twenty years ahead of everybody. ...take a peek regularly at this mind-blowing site." -- dodeca at a forum
- "The best synthesis I have read." -- sinner at a forum
- "A far cry better than some of the so-called 'legitimate' research out there. It is a shame more people cannot see what is staring them in the face." -- d perkins
- "I love your site; your work is amazing." -- r adams
- "I'm struck by the magnitude of your thinking." -- e dawson
- "... probably the most comprehensive coverage ... pertaining to the history of Mankind." -- l pronko
- "Well researched and painstaking work, well worthwhile reading" -- World Mysteries blog
- "A marriage of your art, and engineering, and your cut-to-the-chase writing style." -- p thompson
- "... thoroughly enjoying returning to it periodically" -- a mckay
- "... spellbound by finally uncovering some deep history mostly hidden from public view." -- a fitts
- "... all of this has the force of a total paradigm shift. ... Suddenly most of the so-called mythological 'experts' -- such as Jo Campbell, M Eliade, I suppose Jung too -- seem rather laughable in many instances." -- j west
- "I used to consider the Velikovsky books to be the cornerstones of my library, but now I know better." -- t hornbrook
- "You have my undying admiration for the monumental research you have done" -- j buche
- "I'm starting on your book and am riveted!" -- j h
There are clear reasons why the comments I receive are consistently favorable. The people who could provide violently angry and insistently opinionated critiques -- all honestly based on handed down science and their knowledge of natural history -- do not do so, for it would be below them to respond. Anyone who starts reading these texts, and especially people who enter it in the middle, might read one page of one chapter, and then entirely dismiss everything else.
Please keep in mind that if you present this information to others, their reaction might be similar. Only those who have already spent some considerable time pondering ultimate causes, thought about the genesis of things as they are, and have questioned the answers proposed by Science, will be receptive.
In addition many readers will be turned off by my writing style. Many also will settle on one arguable fact, know something I do not know, or have a general feeling about some overarching principle -- like radiometric dating or geological processes. Since single facts do not prove or disprove anything, especially in the realm of all possible events and in the course of all history, I do not particularly worry much about such discrepant data. It's going to happen.
Lastly, note that I will not be at variance with physics or with what are thought to be the principles of science which describe how the world works. The hypothesis of the events described in this book will remain irrespective of Carbon-14 dating, or any other overbearing concepts.
Speculation, Changes, and Proof
Despite the accolades presented above, I have done little more than connect the details of research by others, which I'll attribute in the first chapters.
As a result, very little of the following essay is speculative. Almost all of it can be backed up with currently available data and the theories of "Cosmic Electrodynamics." This last is otherwise known as plasma theory, which is based on long-standing concepts in electricity and field theory, and data gathered with space probes. Don't worry, I'll keep it simple.
Any speculation will be identified as such. More will be based on common sense and intuition. I'll detail my methods in a later chapter.
There have been numerous changes of this website, for many facets of the past have only slowly revealed themselves over the span of the last 10 years. But the changes are almost all in details. The overall narrative has remained the same since 2003.
And I'm not done yet: I have to move the source of the world flood to the South Pole; I have to add in Mercury as the destroyer of northern regions.
Last, the reader will be looking for proof of any of my claims. Proof of specific ideas is at times very sparse, and at times overwhelming. But the strongest indication for the validity of the claims made here (a history of the world) lies in the fact that the complete set of ideas explains almost all mythology with great ease, including many concepts which have remained entirely obscured under uniformitarian consensus and even for those who have been invested in alternative cosmologies. This history addresses the geological features of the Earth, the development of religious notions, and the cultural icons of antiquity. It explains the diversity of Solar System planets, and makes sense of all the strange behavior and concerns of our ancestors.
-- Portland, Oregon,
January 21, 2012
All the webpages are free of any requirement for specific fonts and font sizes (with one exception). So as a reader you ought to set your browser to some font type and font size that suits you for easy reading.
The exceptions are the tables, where a CSS script forces the use of Courier, so that the data of the tables will fall in-line correctly. No size is specified -- so set your monospaced font (Courier) to a size commensurate with the normal reading font you have selected.
I don't know what happens to typefaces and fonts when the HTML (PHP) files get converted to pdf. I'll sort that out later.
Special thanks for editorial assistance and word editing to Claudia George, Danford Vander Ploeg, Natan Rothstein, and Kevin Widen.
Recent [visits] by domain name. File hits [last month].
Table of content for the [PDF] chapters here.
Link to [Lost World Forum] here.
URL of this page: http://saturniancosmology.org/index.php
This page last updated: Sunday, March 2nd, 2014
Size of this page: 2503 words.
Feel free to email me with any comments or corrections. Find an email [address] here.
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Jno Cook
Permission to reprint in whole or in part is granted,
provided full credit is given.